Summertiiiime…and the livin’ is eeeeasy.
When I think of summertime, not ‘summer’ but ‘Summertime’ (because I think there’s a difference), I always think of that song; and I think of hot days, lemonade stands, and sprinklers.
Nowadays, I still fee like summertime should be as easy and carefree, bust when we’re grown ups, there’s no sprinkler just sitting there in the yard sweeping back and forth, inviting us to run through it.
Summertime becomes summer; just another season when life will move at the just the same rapid pace (or faster) than the other three seasons, as we rise every morning, flitter through responsibilities throughout our days, go to bed at night, only to start the same cycle over the next day. I don’t know about you, but I find that if I don’t seek out SUMMERTIME – which I define as the carefree, easy-breezy version of Summer, I will miss it.
This year – I’m determined not to miss it – and since I’m not so into running through sprinklers these days – I picked an easy sampler quilt to make that I intended to make a few years back (but conventional SUMMER got in my way).
As a few of you might recall, I’ve been planning a ‘simple’ sew along for a minute or two. Thanks for being patient!
And since you you guys knoooow pulling fabrics sometimes takes time, that led me to wonder if maybe I ought to put a few extra bundles together while I was at it…
So here are my first three blocks:
Think you might like to join me for a little low-pressure Summertime Sew Along? Tell you what: Here are the first three patterns for the above 3 blocks:
and a little extra support for the easy corner triangles for block 3, in case you need it:
See that – Summertime Easy. so here’s how we’ll do this:
- I’ll post 2- 3 blocks a week, throughout each week, starting next Monday – July 2, 2018. That will give you between now and then to organize your scraps or decide on a bundle you want to break into.
- Want to use a Sweet Sixteenths Stack like the one I’m using? There’s a limited number of them available in the shop HERE
- “But what if the fabrics I want to use don’t arrive in time for Monday’s start day,” you ask?
- Pish…SummerTime easy, remember? There’s no rush. These blocks are no nonsense. You’ll catch up quick!
- If you scroll up to the top, you see a page dedicated to just this sew along, where you’d be able to find the patterns to the Moda Shuffler Blocks as I post them
Also, I should probably mention that as I was cutting extra Sweet Sixteenths Stacks of our Summertime Bundle, I got to thinking: What if I cut some other sized bundles at the same time? Remember this Instagram post?
Yep. Happy Scrappy 5″ Stacks are now in the shop too.
Which subsequently leads me to this Instagram photo I also posted:
They’re on the way too, but in part, will be launching next week with another little project you might love.
Cheers and happy weekend SUMMERTIME-style sewing!